The Coast Province General Hospital: A Comprehensive Look at Kenya’s Largest Referral Hospital
- Located in Mombasa, Kenya, the Coast Province General Hospital (CPGH) is the largest referral hospital in the country. Founded in 1901, CPGH is a major medical facility that offers a wide range of services, including medical, surgical, obstetric, pediatric, and psychiatric care. The hospital also operates an emergency department, an intensive care unit, and a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- As one of the leading medical facilities in Kenya, CPGH provides comprehensive medical services to both inpatients and outpatients. The hospital is staffed by highly skilled medical professionals, including doctors, nurses, and technicians, who work together to provide the best possible care for patients. In addition, CPGH has a research center that focuses on improving medical care in the region.
- CPGH is a referral hospital, meaning that it refers patients to other medical facilities for specialized care. For example, if a patient needs a heart transplant, he or she would be referred to a specialized heart transplant center. CPGH also offers specialized medical services, such as cardiology, orthopedics, and neurology. These services are provided by experienced specialists who work closely with the hospital’s general practitioners to ensure that patients receive the best care possible.
- CPGH is also known for its commitment to providing quality healthcare services to the community. The hospital has an impressive list of programs aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of local residents. These include programs focused on promoting healthy lifestyles, increasing access to healthcare services, and providing medical education.
- CPGH is also a leader in the field of medical research. The hospital houses a medical research center that focuses on developing new treatments and technologies to improve patient care. The research center is home to a number of specialized labs, as well as a medical library and a training center. The research center is dedicated to advancing medical science and providing the latest information to medical professionals.
- CPGH is an important part of the Mombasa community. The hospital is supported by a number of organizations, including the Kenya Red Cross, the United Nations, and the World Health Organization. CPGH is also a partner of the Global Health Initiative, which is a global initiative that works to improve access to healthcare and reduce poverty around the world.
- CPGH is a unique medical facility, offering comprehensive care to both inpatients and outpatients. With its commitment to providing quality healthcare services and advancing medical science, CPGH is an important part of the Mombasa community.